Gel Polish Application and Removal
- Buff the shine from natural nails.
- Clean oil and dust off with 90% rubbing alcohol or nail polish remover.
- Apply a layer of base gel.
- Cure the nails for 30 seconds under a LED lamp or 60 secs under a UV lamp.
- Apply color gel polish. Depending on the color you will do 1-3 coats. Curing in-between coats.
- Cure the nails with color gel for 60 seconds under a LED lamp or 2 min under a UV lamp.
- Apply a layer of top coat. (wipe or no wipe)
- Cure the nails for 60 seconds under a LED lamp or 2 min under a UV lamp.
- If you applied a no wipe topcoat, it’s finished. If you applied a wipe topcoat, remove the tacky layer with 90% rubbing alcohol.
- Buff the shine off the surface of the nails.
2. Soak nails in acetone for 15 minutes. You can use a cotton ball with acetone on it, place it onto the nail and wrap in a small sheet of foil or use reusable clips. For faster removal, place the acetone in a small glass bowl and set that bowl inside a larger glass bowl that is filled with warm water. Warming the remover helps to speed up this process.
3. Soak for 10-15 minutes.
4. Push the gel off with a wooden pusher (orange stick) gently.
5. Repeat soaking if the gel is not coming off easily.
6. Wipe the nails with remover to finish.
*If removing gel from nail enhancements, it is best to file off the gel.